Free School Meals
Is your child eligible for free school meals?
If so, this means they can enjoy delicious, healthy meals without the bills and the fuss of making packed lunches. Many children at our school are already eating free school meals, and your child may be able to have them too.
There is nothing healthier for your child and your family’s budget than free school meals. As professional cooks prepare the meals for your child, it saves you having to worry about the effort and expense of making packed lunches every day.
The cashless system enables students on free school meals to pass through the dining hall in the same way as any other student.
The daily allowance for free school meals is £2.50.
Students may spend this allowance at any point during the day. Of course, we do encourage healthy options wherever possible and we also encourage the children to sit down, eat properly and socialise in a comfortable environment. If you claim entitlement to free meals you could save up to £650 per year.
Free school meals are offered to students of families who are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with no earning income or with net monthly earnings less than £616.67
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit. Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
To apply is simple. Please contact the Cheshire East Council Free School Meals Helpline on 0300 123 5012 or visit Cheshire East website where full details of the application process can be found. If you have any queries you can also contact the school for further information on 01270 560514.